Monday, November 1, 2010

Post Apocalypse Setup ...

Greetings Troops,

No new pictures of the engineers since I am on a holding pattern to get some tacky glue to help my basing problem.  So I am turning my attention to the Post Apocalypse World I am thinking of setting up.


To start it would be in the near future of our world.  Making it apply to something we can all envision is a thing I would like to create.  People and places we can all understand and see happening draws more to the subject.

You have to think of things that would cause the modern world to collapse and change all ways of life.  Viruses ?  War ? A bizarre event no one can explain ?  But at the same time this might be part of your adventure plot ... the characters don't know what the hell is going on.  Our world today relies on major social networks to survive day to day communication; cell phones, internet, texting, twitter and facebook are leading the way we communicate.  So imagine if you will what would happen if that just STOPPED.

How would the average person survive ?  Urban folks compared to rural folks ?  White collared folk vs blue collared folks ?  High tech skills vs trade skills ?  Everything that holds true to todays society might have no purpose in the new world.  It is a story that opens many doors !

I look forward to building it ..... miniatures are endless and the scenery is as well.  Well .... depending on my wallet ... lol

Till then ...

Keep the paint flowing and the dice rolling ....

Joe aka Mezz

No comments:

Post a Comment