Greetings troops !
I finally got around to painting some after the stomach bug marched through out the house.
A 2nd coat finally got to the command squads. The colors seemed to go on fairly well. Although there seems to be a tad touch up in some areas the figures look good from a distance for 15mm. I used Vallejo Khaki 988 for the main field jackets, US Field Drab 873 for the trousers, Green Grey 886 for webbing/gators and Red Leather 818 for the boots.
After looking through my paints I realized that I didn't have some colors I needed. I was able to find Games Workshop Dwarf Flesh 61-21 for the initial skin tones and Scorched Brown 61-12 for the rifles in my paint stores.
I decided to "complete" the CO figures first for a test run on how I wanted my figures. I based all figures with black. Then I covered the figures in the Khaki and US Field Drab in the respective areas. I only left the boots, rifles/weapons and skin areas black. In doing this all details were covered by the "major" colors. I then went back and placed detail colors. Please let me know what you think ... it will help determine in some degree how I am going to approach the other figures.
My camera was acting up so please forgive the photos if they are not the best. I need to figure out the best setting so my work can be critiqued.
This weekend is the Battle Hymn at RIR in Richmond VA. I plan to take troops into action in two games for Flames of War. El Alamein ran by Steve Maclauchlan (a fellow blog reader) and an EW France 1940 scenario ran by Ron Bingham. These will be my first trial by fire games. I look forward to them and hope to have some great AARs and experience to build on.
Enjoy the pics, let me know what you think I could improve on ...