The nursing home was conveniently located in a neighborhood as the developers had planned. Surrounded by numerous neighborhoods, families and a decent wildlife interface had allowed a major selling point for families wishing to place their loved ones into a skilled nursing facility.
Night shift allowed the zombie plague to spread at an alarming rate. By the time staff had noticed a problem, they were either victims themselves or wounded and running. Those whom ran didn't realize that time was against them and soon they would be part of the problem.
The first zombies to wander out into the neighborhoods didn't have to walk far to find victims. The houses were less than 50 feet between each other. Those whom left their doors unlocked fell victim first. The ones whom had more secure residences were alerted to noise or barking dogs. Screams filled the night.
The 911 center began receiving numerous calls for service. All lines both emergency and non emergency were lit up. The supervisor stood up to advise the call takers of the situation but he could see that they were actively trying to answer call after call.
"Sir, we are receiving numerous calls for service in the same service area. We may have a fight or something larger." The dispatcher advised his supervisor and tagged another line to answer.
The dispatcher watching over the service area began to dispatch units to the area of trouble. At the moment there was more calls for service than units available to respond.
Unit 282 was the first unit to receive and respond. The officer knew this was an awkward call type in this area of the city. Middle class homes and businesses mostly, not the type to be having a gang war starting in the street.
- Officer 282 - Experienced
- Abilities - Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Vigor d6
- Skills - Fighting d8, Guts d8, Notice d8, Shooting d8, Stealth d6
- Pace: 6
- Parry: 7
- Toughness: 6
Officer 282 stopped his car and open the driver door. An elderly gentleman wearing a hospital gown was limping towards his police car.
- Elderly Male - Zombie
- Abilities - Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d6
- Skills - Fighting d6, Intimidation d6, Notice d4, Shooting d6
- Pace: 4
- Parry: 5
- Toughness: 6
- Notice d8, rolled a 6. Needed a 4 or >
- Shooting d8, rolled a 1 and a 5 on Wild Die d6. Needed a 4 or >. HIT
- 9mm Damage Roll 2D6, rolled a 2 and 5. Total 7
- Zombie toughness 6 vs Damage total 7 = ZOMBIE DOWN
- Notice d8, rolled a 5 and 8 on Wild Die d6. Needed 4 or >