A couple of Saturdays ago I was able to attend this event with Steve, Luke, Dirty John and Eric Turner. It was a doubles tournament with some different scenario rules by Ron, the tournament host. Enjoy the pictures and then check out the information regarding the event.
|Our initial battleground before our General reassigned our forces|
|The 1000 points of Germans I commanded|
|The site of our first battle ...|
|Dirty Jon and I placing our forces ...|
|Panzer IIIs in an olive grove|
|Panzer III's led by Dirty Jon attempting to flank ...|
|My Nebs and Wespe artillery line ...|
|Our second battle ... push the allies off the Italian beach|
|Pioneers moving in trucks ...|
|Allies digging in just off the beach ...|
There was a total of 14 teams with 28 players plus 2 Army Commanding Generals.
Allied armies were commanded by Bill. Allied armies present were
- US Infantry
- US Armor Infantry
- US Armor
- US Glider Infantry
- US/Canadians Special Service Forces (SSF)
- British Infantry with Churchill's
- French Goumiers
- Free Polish Infantry with Armor support.
- Panzer Grenadiers
- Panzer Company
- Herman Goring Division (Which I controlled infantry and artillery of this division)
- StuG Company
- Modified No Retreat (Anzio and Mt Cassino)
- Modified Meeting Engagement with Domination points
- Frontline Domination
- Dust Up
- City fight (Not one step back)
German soldiers won Monte Cassino twice even with Mountaineers attacking in both rounds
After points were added up the winners of many categories were announced ...
- Best Winning Generals; James & Jeff (Allies) w/Free Polish infantry with armor support
- Best Losing Generals: Jen & Matt (Germans) w/PzGren and Pz Co
- Best Painted Army: Tom (French Goumiers)
- Best Tanker: Adam & Doug (PzGren) killed 12 tanks
- Best Infantrymen: Luke & Eric with 11 successful infantry assaults
Be safe .... Keep the Paint flowing and the Dice rolling.
Joe ... aka Mezz