Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Comrades to Arms ! (6) - Russian Company HQ

Greetings Troops,

Sorry for the lack of updates or postings recently.  Life has done its best to wrestle my free time from me this month.  Paramedic school and Hazardous Material Technician have taken much free time lately.

I have finished my Russian Company HQ blister.  8 stands of 19 figures have graduated from basic training, field maneuvers and assembled for duty (Popsicle sticks, painting and basing respectively).  Here are the finished pictures ...

 Russian Company HQ

 Russian Officers

 Komissars 

 HQ HMG Team

 HQ Light Mortars






Next up is the first platoon (squad) for 1st Company (platoon).  They are currently forming up for basic training (Popsicle sticks and primer).

I am still looking for decent methods for making the Russian flag for the various command squads.  Does anyone have any suggestions that worked for them ?

Keep the Paint Flowing and the Dice Rolling ....

Joe ... aka Mezz

10 comments:

  1. They are looking great. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive - I like your basing technique - very clean

    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good. I agree with the basing comments - sometimes less is more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking stuff my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on those! Agree on the bases as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joe VERY nice..... I think I may have to get some Ruskies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pondering that same thing... I have several to tackle myself.

    Figures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been a lot of fun to see these come together! The bases are really drawing my eye. Good stuff all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Beccas ... Thank You !

    @ Hein ... Thank You :) !

    @ jmilesr ... I am glad you like the basing. It took some time for me to get them to a point I was happy. Tacky glue is the secret ... Thanks Steve for the tip :)

    @ indierockclimber ... Thanks Steve! They are looking to give a good fight to your Germans

    @ MiniMike ... Thanks ! Glad you like them

    @ Max M ... Thanks dude, get yourself some. I am enjoying the task at hand. :)

    @ Scary Biscuits ... When you find a good flag method let me know ! Thanks !

    @ JMHahn ... I am glad your enjoying the process and bases !

    ReplyDelete